Today is Amber's birthday. She would have been 28.
First memory of you that came to my mind today...When I came down to BYU for EFY. We came down a couple days early and you took my friend and I to float the Provo River, out to eat, and I don't remember exactly what else, but I just remember having the time of my life. You let us tag around with you and all your friends. In fact, I think this trip with you was a major factor in my decision to attend BYU. The last day of EFY you had Krispy Kreme donuts delivered to my dorm room. So delish! So thoughtful of you and completely made my day.
Thank you for the wonderful example and influence you were and continue to be in my life. I can't forget your contagious laughter, your love for reading and history and anything outdoors, your love for singing (especially Disney songs) despite the fact you could hardly carry a note, your incredible bread-making/baking skills, your willingness to try new things (including ballet) when you were so uncoordinated, your determination to be the first to learn to slalom and win 50 bucks, your endless selfless service, your determination and desire (since you were 12 yrs old) to serve a mission, your unwaivering faith, your vast knowledge of the gospel--particularly the scriptures--you could rattle off any scripture.
Thank you Amber. You have left a great legacy. You are the kind of person I want to become. It only took you 20 years, but it will take me an entire lifetime. I miss you and can't wait for our reunion. I love you.
(Amber giving me a piggy-back)
Tracy! I remember this weekend too. This is one of my last and favorite memories of Amber. She was a wonderful woman. A great example
ReplyDelete