So as much as I would love to keep living in my fantasy world of vacationing almost every other week/wknd, summer has come to an end. Sighhhhh. But at least the summer weather is still around. And I can look forward to Hawaii in December and possibly another cruise in the near future. Oh and of course a few short road trips here and there.

Back to reality.
Work work and MORE work. I am still nannying full-time while finishing up my internship. Actually who am I kidding...I haven't even completed half my hours. Had good intentions to complete my internship by end of summer term but that obviously didn't happen. Too much play I guess...oops.
Let's start with nannying. I do love my job. But honestly I'm kinda getting tired of watching other people's kids. Is that terrible? No. I love kids don't get me wrong. It's just hard to do things their (parents) way when I believe differently and would do otherwise. Let's just say I've learned plenty 'what not to dos'. I also hate working at 7AM. Too early. Thought I would get used to it, but it's not getting any easier (probably due to my lack of discipline in getting to bed at a decent time). But I do love working 4-10s...I love love my 3-day wknds.
Now my internship. I'm interning at Dynova Laboratories--a nutraceutical company back east. Don't worry people, I'm stil in Utah...that's right, STILL in Utah. I do research and various projects. Currently researching case studies for capsaicin, which is derived from cayenne pepper. Specifically, using a capsaicin nasal spray to treat headaches, sinusitis, and allergic rhinitis. Interesting huh.
I am also training for a marathon. When I say training, there is NO consistency involved. Ideally, I would run 3-4 times a week. But that doesn't always happen. In fact, it's rare. And the marathon is in two weeks. Ahhh! But I'm still determined to do it. To finish it. That's it. No time goal or anything. I successfully ran an estimated 19 miler a couple weeks ago. I figure 7 miles on top of that is nothing, right? I hope. I'll let you know how it goes...if I survive.

Welcome to my life. It's good. Or at least I keep telling myself that!
No comments:
Post a Comment